Miss ‘P’ Stew Chicken
|10 Mins||25 Mins||35 Mins||2|
- 1 lb Chicken
- 6 tablespoons Miss ‘P’ Stew Paste
- 2 tablespoon Miss ‘P’ All Purpose Mix Seasoning (optional, but recommended for an extra punch and to enhance the flavor)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions (green onions) for garnishing
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
Watch our video
Wash chicken and cut into 2 -3 inch pieces. Marinate with 6 tablespoons Miss ‘P’ Stew Paste and 2 tablespoons All Purpose Mix Seasoning (optional) If you are not in rush let the chicken marinate for at least 15 minutes. You can also marinate overnight.
In a heavy, medium size pot or Dutch oven pot heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add marinated chicken. Cover and let chicken cook in its own juices for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
Gradually add hot water. Leave uncovered and cook for another 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. If extra gravy is desired gradually add some more hot water. Once your stew is finished cooking add chopped scallions/green onions.
Enjoy with rice, salad, mash potatoes or vegetables
Suggestion: This recipe can be made in an instant pot or slow cooker