|5 Mins||25 Mins||30 Mins||3|
- ½ cup parboiled long grain rice (uncooked and washed)
- 3 tablespoons Miss ‘P’ All Purpose Mix Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup mix vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (do not add if you use chicken or beef stock or broth)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water (for additional flavor you can replace the water with 1 cup chicken or beef stock or vegetable broth)
- Garnish with sweet pepper and parsley (optional)
Over medium heat melt the butter in a medium size pot. Add Miss ‘P’ All Purpose Mix Seasoning and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in rice and cook for 3 minutes on medium to low heat.. Add water, salt, black pepper, and tomato paste, cover and let this cook for 10 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally. Add mix vegetables and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Fluff with a fork, this helps keep the rice loose.