Cauliflower and Potato Curry with Mix Veggies
|15 Mins||30 Mins||45 Mins||4|
Who says Vegan dishes has to be boring and bland? This dish is full of flavor, delicous and is bound to hit the spot.
- 1 small head cauliflower cut into large florets (about 3/4 lb)
- ½ lb. potato (peeled and cut into 1 ½ inch pieces)
- 6 tablespoons Miss ‘P’ Curry Paste
- 3 tablespoons Miss ‘P’ All Purpose Mix Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt (divided)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (divided)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup frozen mix vegetables (peas, carrots)
- For this recipe the Cauliflower and the Potato will be cooked separately and then later combined.
Method to cook the Cauliflower
Season the cauliflower with 4 tablespoons Miss ‘P’ Curry Paste and 2 tablespoons Miss ‘P’ All Purpose Mix Seasoning, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
In a large deep-frying pan, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
Add the seasoned cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally
Add ½ cup water and cook for another 5 minutes.
Remove from the pan and place in a bowl on the side.
Method to cook the Potato
Season the potatoes with 2 tablespoons Miss ‘P’ Curry Paste and 1 tablespoon Miss ‘P’ All Purpose Mix Seasoning, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
In the same frying pan (no need to rince it) Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the seasoned potatoes and cook for 5-minute stirring occasionally.
Stir in ½ cup water. Cover and let this cook for another 10 minutes. Keep stirring to make sure the potatoes are not sticking to the pot.
Add the cooked cauliflower, diced tomatoes and mix vegetables into the pan with the potatoes. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook covered for 3 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Enjoy your Cauliflower and Potato Curry with Mix Vegetables with rice, nan, or roti.